Saturday, March 9, 2013

Non existent grandparents :-(

The title says it all! Unfortunately we got a bad handout when it came to both sets of grandparents. It has been an issue from the word go, getting worse as the years go on. My OH's mother is simply insane and mentally unstable with an unhealthy amount of anger towards me.

 My mother puts herself first all the time and can't pick up the phone to find out how
our kiddies are doing and has broken several promises that she has made over the years. My father has no interest at all, he rarely talks to his gran kids and never plays with them.

 It is very sad as our children are amazing and special, it hurts that our families don't see the wonder and instead see spending time with the kiddies as a chore ( which, of course it's not.)

 My family live 5 minutes drive away and never call by to visit, never offer to help out, never invite kiddies for tea, basically very rarely spend time with them. On average they see kiddies once every 3 weeks, which i don't think is acceptable considering they live 5 mins away.   We never get offered to go to their house either.

My parents don't work at all, so have lots of spare time on their hands and they still can't step up to their role as grandparents. My OH's side live in Belfast, so i understand and accept they can't visit as much due to traveling costs. However, no phone calls, Emails etc to find out how we are and they have missed kiddies birthdays etc.

I just feel very hurt as i want our kiddies to have grandparents that are involved and a part of their lives. I see grandparents all the time collecting their grand kids from school, taking them to the park, into town, out for meals and of course spending quality time and ENJOYING being a part of their grand kiddies lives.

Rant over!

ps I gave birth to my baby girl 12 weeks ago and my family have only seen her 3 times for an average time of 10 mins each time. My OH'S family have not seen her at all and have not seen our other children in 3 years! This is how disconnected the situation is.

No comments:

Post a Comment