Monday, March 18, 2013

3 months post partum

Well it has been 13 weeks since i gave birth. I had a natural delivery with just a little gas and air at the transition stage and no stitches needed. I have recovered pretty well, albeit a few infections ( child birth infection, urine infection and 2 bouts of bacterial tonsilitis.) Apart from that, all is good physically and emotionally. I have had 3 periods since giving birth ( they always return very quickly for me unfortunately.) I found the first one horrendous and i lost quite a lot of blood, i was on fragmin though which exasperates it.

I'm also losing my hair that i held onto whilst pregnant. The plug usually gets clogged up when i'm washing my hair. My hair also gets very greasy really quickly, which is annoying. Thank goodness for dry shampoo!

I'm noticing that my skin is alot more oily and i'm more prone to spots. Also, since i gave birth i keep on coming out in hives, they are really annoying, not sure if it is a hormone change that is causing the hives.

I have not weighed myself, so don't know how much i've lost, however i'm now fitting into all my pre pregnancy clothes.

Overall i feel good and feel like my body is healing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment